This morning I woke up and walked into the kitchen and it was FREEZING! I looked at the thermostat and it was 55 degrees in my house! BRRRRR! I just thought oh man I bet something was wrong with the furnace yesterday and I forgot to tell Mike. So I tried to call him but he was in a meeting so he couldn't answer his phone. I decided I'd call my wonderful dad. I called him and he tried to help as well as he could being 850 miles away. I took some pictures and he had me check a few things. After going over possible things that could be wrong that we could fix he told me it would be best to call someone in to get it fixed because he didn't know what the problem was.
I was finally able to get a hold of Mike and we decided we would call Kelly a guy in our ward who does heating and ac for a living. What a great talent to have! I called and when he was done with work, Kelly headed over to our house. He found the problem was the circuit board. We were able to get one from a store in Orem and a friend from Mike's work picked it up for us because we couldn't get there before the store closed (joy of living in the middle of nowhere...where they are doing annoying road construction that keeps the roads way backed up!). After a trip to Lehi and Kelly coming back over to fix it we were able to get the heater fixed and now our house is so WARM!
I'm so grateful to live in a Zion where people help one another out. Kelly saved us a TON of money! We were so blessed. I'm so grateful for wonderful friends who offered their warm houses to us if we got too cold and I'm also grateful for a great friend of mine who stopped by literally 2 minutes after she got off the phone with me and had a huge space heater in hand that kept us very warm while we were waiting for the furnace to get fixed. Thank you to everyone for your concern, love, and kindness! :) All is well and we are warm! :)
Here is a picture of the circuit board that was broken.