Friday, November 25, 2011

Life-A New Normal

My poor blog has been so neglected lately. It seems life has been in a whirlwind the past couple of months. I rarely find time to sit and relax and when I do find time I just want to relax and not worry about anything. So hence my blog has been quite neglected.

It is crazy how your normal can change in an instant. A few weeks ago Mike's mom was diagnosed with cancer. The phone call no one ever wants to get but so many people do. We had just arrived home from San Antonio. I had just left the pediatricians office and my phone rang. It was Mike's mom calling to tell me they had just found out she had cancer. I froze not knowing how to react to the news I just heard. It has been quite an eventful few weeks. With so many things...crying, waiting for results, fear, more waiting, love, still more waiting for results, time with family, seeing amazing support of an amazing woman, spiritual experiences, tender mercies, testimonies strengthened, and so many other hard and yet wonderful things.

I love my dear sweet mother in law. Too often we take those we love for granted. I shared my thoughts on her blog and if you'd like the read them you can click here:


We finally have gotten a treatment plan for Mike's mom. She will start chemo therapy on December 5th. Please keep her in your prayers. She will need a lot of strength to endure the things that will be happening to her. We know that our Father in Heaven is mindful of us and that this is happening for a reason and it is for our good. Life is going to be a new normal right now and that is ok. We can endure because we have a Savior who loves us and knows how to succor us. Life will be wonderful because we have each other and the gospel.

Here is Mom with me, Amanda, and SaraAnne.
Love you girls!

No comments: