Friday, August 20, 2010


My wonderful husband and his parents gave me the opportunity to head up to Montana to help my parents out with my little brothers wedding reception. Sunday morning I said goodbye to my sweet babies and amazing husband to head up with my parents to their house. Mike took the girls to his parents house and stayed for a while and then headed back home so he could go to work for the week. I was gone Sunday to Thursday and Mike and the girls picked me up from the airport at 5pm yesterday. It was a pretty good day yesterday. The girls seemed normal and excited to see me. Well today.......must be my punishment from Madilyn!

From the moment she woke up this morning everywhere she went she destroyed something. First it was the brownie she had for morning snack...which she decided to smoosh all over the carpet. Then she got into my backpack and took the box of cheez-its from my trip out and dumped the whole box all over the carpet. Next she decided it would be really fun to get a drink of water out of my glass cup. Which she dropped on the floor...which of course shattered the cup and spilled ice and water all over with glass in it...not so much fun to clean can't use a broom! Apperantly that wasn't enough water so one of her sisters got her a glass of water which she took into the family room and thought it would be fun to spill all the water all over the carpet. She also thought it would be fun to bring all the suitcases out and empty all the clothes all over the family room floor.

Well it was finally lunch time and I made peanut butter and jelly. I left them out just in case anyone wanted another sandwhich. I was not feeling well this morning I went to lay down on the couch for a moment. I heard Madilyn enjoying herself in the kitchen and thought she was just a happy little camper while eating. A few moments later she walks over to me completely covered in jelly and peanut butter. She had poured out the rest of the jelly (which was about 1/2 full) all over herself and the counter and stuck her fingers in the peanut butter and smeared everything all over herself, the counter, the stools and the floor. This incident required a bath and right after I put her to bed. Thinking all would be well from here on out because she was sleeping....

She had a good 2 1/2 hour nap...but when she came out of her room...she was covered in baby powder and so was her bed and 1/2 of her bedroom. After changing her clothes for the 3rd time today we headed out the door to go drop some things off for Daddy and spend sometime with him before he headed off for game night with his friends. Good thing or my house maybe wouldn't be standing right now! We of course had to stop at the grocery store on the way home and while we were there...and Madilyn was running all over the place, climbing in and out of things, and climbing on top of the bag holder all the while Mayli joining in and acting nice and crazy herself, while Katelyn kept asking me for a treat...the young cashier looked at me and said, "Looks like these girls keep you busy." Oh yes they do keep me busy but I wouldn't have it any other way! Even on days when maybe they might be punishing me just a little bit for being gone for so long. Motherhood is an adventure with the greatest treasure of all! And how I love my treasures!


Heidi Gail Richhart said...

I loved your cute and should i say adventurous post. Way cute!! look forward to all your updates.

Tani Ireland said...

Oh, I remember those days! Thanks for your comments about Carson! He is really excited. I bet Carson and your cousin do meet each other. That would be fun! Good luck with your active babies!