Thursday, October 21, 2010

Please bless that we Might be Grateful

I was having a horrible day yesterday. I was in a horrible mood, I was in pain (stupid sciatic nerve!), and well just plain upset at just about everything that was happening. I was mad that it was only noon and my phone was already dead and then I couldn't find a USB cable to plug my phone in so I had to walk back to my room to get my plug (GASP...how horrible *sarcastic*). And well just a whole bunch of other things. It was lunch time and I asked Mayli to pray and while she was praying she said, "And please bless that we might be grateful." When she said it, the words seemed to cut right through me...how could I be so ungrateful...at least I had a cell phone, a house, a car that runs, a husband who is a wonderful provider and help and who loves me, 3 beautiful children, a baby who is growing inside of me and is healthy, and so many other countless blessings. Now unfortunately that didn't really change my attitude fully for the day and though for a while I did feel better my bad mood still stayed. So today please bless that I might be grateful and happy...because life really is wonderful and I am so blessed. Thanks Mayli for putting it into perspective for Mommy and for even at this very minute singing "He Sent His Son" right next to me while I'm typing this. When I finally grow up and stop being selfish and silly I wanna be like you Mayli!

4 comments:

Heidi gail walls said...

I hope and pray you will be happy and greatful like you always are. If you ever need to talk or anything don't hesitate. Love Ya

Berry Family said...

Kids are so innocent & help us to be more humble. Love it. Hope today is a brighter day!

Celeste said...

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!

Krista Neil said...

Those kind of days happen all to often for me too! Thanks for the reminder Mayli :)