Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter

We had a wonderful Easter. Now that the girls are getting older it is so fun to be able to teach them why we celebrate these holidays. We had a wonderful Easter Sunday...church was lovely. The sacrament talks were great and we had a beautiful musical number. The spirit was so strong. We talked with the girls about why we celebrate Easter. It is so neat to hear them answer questions and know the answers. Mayli every once in a while will say to me, "Mommy ask me when Jesus will come alive again." So I ask her and she says, "Right now, He lives and is alive right now Mom." I love that my children know that Christ lives.

I didn't get any pictures of the girls in their Easter dresses before church...Mike had meetings and was unable to come home before we had to leave and I was rushing like a mad woman out the door to try to get to church on time. Which I was still late for because the Relief Society president called and said she was sick so I had to run by her house and pick up the binders and keys because I was the only one that was going to be there from the presidency. But the girls did look beautiful in their dresses and pink flowers! After church we went and had dinner at Grandpa and Grandma Wright's house. Then we went to study group and had a wonderful lesson about Christ from Grandpa Porter. It truly was a lovely day.

We got to dye Easter eggs on Saturday and here are some pictures of the girls having fun.





They had lots of fun dying the eggs. We had 54 eggs to dye and they got them finished in like 10 minutes! They had so much fun putting them in the cups and seeing the colors change. By the end they were getting really creative and putting them in different colors and trying all sorts of different combinations. We had a great time!

4 comments:

ryannsharidamontague said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! The girls are growing up too fast! Tell everyone hello for me! call me sometime!

Celeste said...

FUN!!! I love, love, love Kate's hair cut! :)

Celeste said...

Oh, and you are so smart to use plastic cups to dye eggs in...not only are they clear but you can toss them when you are done. You are so smart!

Heidi gail walls said...

Glad you had such fun on Easter!